Posted by Kim on 11/7/2013 to Jewelry Tutorials
What you need:
- Two pair of pliers. They can be out of a tool box, or from the dollar store.
- Optional: a pair of reader glasses I always have a pair of 2.0 to 2.5 that I get at the dollar store. They kind of work as magnifying glasses for me.
- Hold the jump ring with the two pliers on each side of the ring and the split in the ring at 12:00.
- To open the jump ring, push (or you could say twist) on pair of plier toward you and the other away from you.
- Slip the charm on and then slip on to the bracelet.
- Reverse the steps to close.
If you are more of a visual person, I found this video. (By the way, you don't have to have fancy pliers like the video for this. Regular old pliers will do.)